fulldirhash

grenoml grenoml at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 14:01:18 EDT 2003

--- grenoml wrote:
> I'm used to seeing the mail directories as:
> /var/spool/imap/a
> /var/spool/imap/z
>
> So if I switch to -fulldirhash how will this layout change?
>
> Also for dns loadbalancing how will cname records pointing a user at
> particular mail server change?
>
> in mydomain.com.zone:
> a.imap  IN CNAME   imap1
> b.imap  IN CNAME   imap1
> z.imap  IN CNAME   imap9
>
> thx,
> Gerry Reno

Additionally, if I want to begin supporting virtual domains (2.2) then
I find in the list that you must create structure something like:
/var/spool/imap/domain/p/paavit.com
/var/spool/imap/domain/p/paavit.com/quota
/var/spool/imap/domain/p/paavit.com/quota/a
/var/spool/imap/domain/p/paavit.com/quota/b
/var/spool/imap/domain/p/paavit.com/quota/c
/var/spool/imap/domain/p/paavit.com/quota/(...)

and how would this change using 'fulldirhash'.

thx,
Gerry Reno