lmtp permission denied with cyrus 2.1.13 and postfix 1.1.11

Jon Nelson quincy at linuxnotes.net
Fri May 16 12:23:52 EDT 2003

John Pavlakis said:
I run cyrus and postfix on a RedHat 7.3 box.

> which has these perms
> srwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            0 May 16
> 10:36 lmtp

Same for me.

> this is the relevant line is postfix's master.cf:
> local     unix  -       n       n       -       -
>  local -o mailbox_transpo
> rt=lmtp:unix:/var/imap/socket/lmtp

The _TWO_ relevant line in mine are:

lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp

cyrus     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=R user=cyrus argv=/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -r ${sender} -m
${extension} ${
user}

> and my cyrus.conf line is:
>  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd -a"
> listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0

Mine is:

lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0

Hope this helps.

jon
--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin.
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation

jonelson at state.pa.us