lock_reopen: blocked in syslog

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Fri May 23 08:08:54 EDT 2003

Hi,
I'm getting messages in the syslog of the following form:

        cyrus/imapd[pid]: lock_reopen: blocked, sleeping for 0 on
        interval 0 (15, /data/0/cyrus/lib/user/x/xyz.seen)

I found some references to a patch that would produce such messages. If
I've understood it correctly, the patch was created to solve locking
problems with the seen database by repeatedly retrying lock aquisition,
increasing the sleep time between tries each time and finally giving up
after a certain amount of tries. Thus, the message is only informational
and can be ignored -- supposedly another type of log message will appear
if the locking has failed despite the retries.

Am I on the right track here? Can I safely ignore these messages?

Cheers,
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe at paniq.net>
paniq.net