effect of changing database backends

twk twk at ncsu.edu
Tue May 27 11:24:53 EDT 2003

Excuse me if these are obvious questions....we are currently dealing
with some loading issues and are investigating ways to bring the load down.

- On our 2.0.16 Cyrus servers, all the database backends are DB3. What
sort of improvement could we see if we convert to the skiplist backend?
Should we expedite this change?

- And....is there a flag to turn off DNS lookups in imapd? We suspect
that issues with our DNS servers may be a part of the problem.

- And....we ran squatter for awhile, but decided to turn it off. Could
the old cyrus.squat files be causing problems.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Karches                    email : twk at ncsu.edu
Web Systems Administrator      phone : 919.515.5508
NCSU Information Technology