Delivery not working

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Tue May 27 16:10:02 EDT 2003

A few suggestions ...

Have you had a look at /var/log/maillog ?

I suggest you add the the following line to /etc/syslog.conf :

local6.debug        /var/log/imapd.log

and that you do the following commands :

# touch /var/log/imapd.log
# service syslog restart

After that, try to flush you mail queue ("sendmail -q") and check
/var/log/imapd.log for revelant messages.  If you don't see a line
from the lmtpd process, your sendmail does not even try to deliver.

I can't help you with sendmail, but with postfix you need the following
line in /etc/postfix/main.cf :

mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/etc/lmtpproxy

Another thing to look for (just to be sure) : is lmtpd running ?

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com