[ANNOUNCE] krb5-auth method

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu May 29 18:58:30 EDT 2003

Hello,

I wrote an krb5-authentication method for cyrus-imapd-2.1.x which is
available under:

     http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/cyrus-patches/auth_krb5.c

This file has to be copied into the lib/ subdirectory and ./configure
must be called with '--with-auth=krb5' to enable it.

Now, cyradm can use GSSAPI credentials, and entries in /etc/imapd.conf
like

| admins: */cyradm

are possible. The example above would allow e.g. the KRB5-principals
joe/cyradm and ensc/cyradm to do admistrative tasks.

The file above was written for my personal usage; if there is wider
interest, I am willing to do the needed steps to make it fit into the
official cyrus-imapd package.

Enrico