Restricted posting to bulletin board

J. Eckard joe at oldglory.com
Sun Mar 2 22:38:10 EST 2003

I am having trouble trying to create a bulletin board that can only be
posted to by a select few users. I created the mailbox "staff"
(createmailbox staff) and set the acl (setaclmailbox staff eckard
lrswipcda), however I can't post to it by sending mail to
"+staff at myhost.com". If I change the acl so that "anyone" can post to
it, it works fine - and I'm stumped.

I noticed one post in the archives that describes a similar problem,
and the proposed solution was to make sure the SMTP AUTH info was
passed to LMTP. How do I make sure this is happening, or how do I test
it?

I am using:
Sendmail 8.12.7 (with working SMTP AUTH and STARTTLS) configured with
'cyrusv2'
cyrus-imapd 2.1.12 (with working STARTTLS)
cyrus-sasl 2.1.12.

Both sendmail and imapd authenticate with method PLAIN (using saslauthd
which is currently using PAM).

Joe Eckard