Authenticating Mail Users

Krishna Krishna_shekhar at gmx.net
Wed Mar 5 12:54:11 EST 2003

Hi,
      I am using Horde/IMP on RedHat 7.3 with Cyrus IMAP. I am having
problems authenticatin users. I folowed the Cyrus howto and added users.

The problem is that it is authenticating users from the /etc/passwd and
shadow file and not from sasldb and mails go to the Cyrus Imap mail
directories, which works ok.
With this method I have to create the user both from cyradm and useradd.
I want to get users authenticated from the sasldb file and not /etc/passwd
and shadow.

This is what my imapd.conf shows
[root at linux /]# cat /etc/imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
allowanonymouslogin: no
sieveuserhomedir: no
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_sasldb_path: /etc/sasldb
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
[root at linux /]#

regards
Krishna
http://www.KrisinDigitalAge.com