net-snmp instead of ucd-snmp

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Wed Mar 5 05:33:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003, Lord Chaser wrote:
> is there a way to compile cyrus-imap 2.1.12 with net-snmp instead of ucd-snmp?

I've had endless trouble doing it in Debian.  It is possible, but not easy,
and it requires that net-snmp be built with the ucd-snmp compatibility
layer.

The right thing to do is to port all SNMP support to native net-snmp syntax,
but that requires rewriting the SNMP code in Cyrus.

  Henrique Holschuh