Two huge problems with CMU (tag stable_2.2) sieve 2.0 of thecurrent cvs source !

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Mar 5 10:37:25 EST 2003

Christian Schulte wrote:

> Franz Skale wrote:
>
> >Things are running good with the cvs code of cyrus (branche 2.2) but
> >there are 2 probs i have with sieve.
> >Btw. i am using sendmail 8.12.8 with the lmtp unix socket delivering
> >option. (cyrusv2.mc)
> >
> >The cvs source from last week worked perfectly with the vacation
> >extension.
>
> I did a cvs update a few minutes ago and this is the first time I
> checked out the sieve-bytecode stuff. Some scripts do not behave as they
> did before! I cannot say why things differ now but somehow mail gets
> delivered to wrong folders say not the folders to which they were
> delivered before?!?! I am using virtdomains, unix-hierarchysep and
> altnamespace (the full program). Is there anything known for which the
> sieve-bytecode compiler does not produce correct bytecode ?

We'd like to hear of any differences.  I caught a couple myself when I
first deployed it.  What would help is a sample script, sample
message(s) and the output of the sieve 'test' program (both the bytecode
and non-bytecode versions).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127