Questions about LDAP schema and Multi-Domain IMAP

Kjetil Torgrim Homme kjetilho at ifi.uio.no
Wed Mar 5 17:43:36 EST 2003

[Jonathan Marsden]:

>   That combination certainly seems to work fine here, in a
>   multi-server multi-domain international directory and email
>   deployment.  OpenLDAP 2.0.27 and cyrus-sasl-2.1.7 or -2.1.10 or
>   -2.1.12 have all worked (currently on Red Hat 7.3, on x86 SMP
>   hardware).

yeah, OpenLDAP 2.0.27 with SASL 2.1.10 here.

>   Red Hat 8.0 ships with OpenLDAP 2.0.27 too, so using that
>   distribution it may still be appropriate to stay with that version
>   of OpenLDAP.  Even the current Red Hat 8.1 beta release, Phoebe,
>   sticks with OpenLDAP 2.0.27.

actually, Phoebe v.5 includes openldap-2.1.3-4

>   It might also have been helpful to state that you are an OpenLDAP
>   developer, and so are naturally interested in getting people to
>   migrate to the current release of your software :-)

I found it very interesting to hear about that feature.  plain text
passwords aren't _that_ bad, we really want to encrypt the traffic
anyway, but still, being able to offer CRAM-MD5 would be nice.

--
Kjetil T.			|  read and make up your own mind