Problem with master (lmtpd) process and current cvs source (tag 2.2) !

Joe Dennick joe at dennick.net
Thu Mar 6 12:14:09 EST 2003

You need to edit the /etc/cyrus.conf file and make sure the 'lmptunix' line points to the right socket.  You can do a find for it if you are not sure.  Below is the line from my cyrus.conf file running on Red Hat 8.0.  I too had this problem and found this solution on another message board.

  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1

Have Fun!

Joe Dennick
joe at dennick.net