postfix and cyrus + excuse for yesterday's post

Andrew Koros akoros at ke.uu.net
Fri Mar 7 05:41:39 EST 2003

For web-cyradm there is no specific advantage. But I was developing a
mail and RADIUS system for our company that was very complex and needed
Referential integrity checks and triggers which are only in PostgreSQL.

Hi,

For web-cyradm there is no specific advantage of postgresql over mysql.
But I was developing a mail and RADIUS system for our company that was very
complex and needed referential integrity checks and triggers which are only
 in PostgreSQL.

In the process I decided to experiment on web-cyradm with postgresql and
documented it. With my document you can simply use mysql by just
installing pam-mysql and editing the pam.d/imap slightly and it would
work.

If you intend to extend the web-cyradm system and make it more complex
with triggers/checks e.t.c you are better off with postgresql. Otherwise
mysql is nice fast and simple.

While I have no benchmark tests, it's all about choice in the end. :-)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Koros
Developer, Systems Services
Email: akoros at ke.uu.net

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely
for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or
its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by electronic
mail, and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank
you.