postfix and cyrus + excuse for yesterday's post

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Fri Mar 7 06:09:55 EST 2003

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003, Markus Welsch wrote:
> Postfix 1.11. I could switch to a later version of Postfix - preferable
> available as Debian package (like I'd prefer installing Cyrus as Debian
> package also to ease maintenance for others).

http://people.debian.org/~hmh/

(it has backports of postfix, cyrus 2.1, amavisd-new, spamassassin,
squirrelmail...).   A new backport of postfix will be done as soon as 2.0.6
hits the unstable archive (and I can include the mysql drivers, then, if
they are not in the backport archive yet).

> Maybe somebody can point me to a howto, cause I've been searching the web

Make sure you read the docs in the cyrus 2.1 Debian package.  They will
teach you enough to get a cyrus+postfix system working without mysql, and
then you just need to add mysql to the mix.  Which should be easy, since
both postfix and SASL can talk to mysql.

  Henrique Holschuh