Problem authenticating with pop3proxyd

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Fri Mar 7 16:21:16 EST 2003

Hi again,

I have been reading the source code of pop3proxyd this aftrenoon looking
for the cause of my problem.  I noticed the following in the function
proxy_authenticate() of pop3proxyd.c (around line 1222) :

---
    /* we now do the actual SASL exchange */
    r = sasl_client_start(backend_saslconn,
                          config_getstring(buf, "KERBEROS_V4"),
                          NULL, &out, &outlen, &mechusing);
    if ((r != SASL_OK) && (r != SASL_CONTINUE)) {
        return r;
    }
---

If I understand correctly, pop3proxyd will only attempt KERBEROS_V4 to
authenticate to the backend.  Is that correct ?

Thanks in advance for your answer !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com