quota problems ; overquota, quotawarning, etc

Markus Welsch markus.welsch at suk.net
Tue Mar 11 03:04:55 EST 2003

> No! A mailbox could never go over quota if such mails would be rejected!
> If you send one email being 800% over quota cyrus will deliver the mail
> and all next mails to the same mailbox now being over quota will be
> handled appropriate to your imapd.conf settings!

So I'd have to block something like that on the postfix site already then ? Is
there a way to do so? I just know of a general limit ... but not on a user base!

>  From imapd.conf manpage:
>
> lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 0
>          If enabled, lmtpd returns a permanent failure code when
>          a  user's  mailbox  is  over  quota.   By  default, the
>          failure is temporary, causing the MTA to queue the mes-
>          sage and retry later.
>
> quotawarn: 90
>          The percent of quota utilization over which the  server
>          generates warnings.
>
> Some email clients show a dialogbox (like Outlook) where others do not
> (like Mozilla-Mail). That you did not get a warning right now can be
> caused of your MTA queueing the message caused by
> lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure not being set!

Okay I sent the message directly from the same server. So from the localhost,
maybe I should have sent it from another host.

Kind Regards,

Markus