virtual domains and cyrus 2.1.12

Raine, David DRaine at lehman.COM
Mon Mar 10 06:30:35 EST 2003

I believe that virtual domain support is only available
in the 2.2 version.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Meyer [mailto:anmeyer at gmx.net]
Sent: 10 March 2003 10:51
To: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Subject: virtual domains and cyrus 2.1.12

Hi!

Just subscribed to the list because I wanted to try out cyrus's
virtual domain support.
I compiled and installed version 2.1.12. The tools like mkimap
were not installed automatically.

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK eta Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.12 server ready
. logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed

According to the install-virtualdomains.html I made a:

eta:/home/sourcen/cyrus-imapd-2.1.12/tools # ./mkimap -d meyer.foo
can't open -d at (eval 1) line 15, <DATA> line 82.

eta:/home/sourcen/cyrus-imapd-2.1.12/tools # su cyrus
cyrus at eta:/home/sourcen/cyrus-imapd-2.1.12/tools> ./mkimap -d meyer.foo
can't open -d at (eval 1) line 15, <DATA> line 82.

I also read man imapd.conf and cannot find a notice about
virtdomains. My imapd.conf looks like this:
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
defaultdomain: meyer.home
virtdomains: meyer.foo compdot.foo

So my question is, are virtual domains supported, do I have
to wait or will this never happen?

Another thing I noticed:
master[970]: setrlimit: Unable to set file descriptors limit to -1: \
                                            Operation not permitted
master[970]: retrying with 1024 (current max)
master[970]: process started

Is this ok or do I have to worry?

--

  Andreas Meyer

Object Class   Common Name   userPassword
posixAccount   andreas       {SSHA}hpyqObx1/BXbKFgXoqCayoGsvIgPYiVc