Outlook Express and Seen database - And Outlook Express and Cyrus in general

Steve Hanson shanson at cruiskeen.com
Wed Mar 12 12:09:35 EST 2003

There was some discussion on the list in the past about problems
with Outlook Express not interoperating well with Cyrus due to
it corrupting the seen database by using multiple concurrent
connections, confusing the caching model in Cyrus.

Our desktop support people are trying to stump up support for
making Outlook Express on Windows be the preferred email client
- which at the moment is more or less Eudora.

Does anyone have opinions about whether Outlook Express 6 still
causes the seen database corruption with Cyrus 2.1.10 or later?

Also if anyone has any other bad (or good) experiences with
Outlook Express as a client with Cyrus I'd like to hear about them.

Thanks.