pam_mysql and cyrus_sasl

Andreas Meyer anmeyer at gmx.net
Wed Mar 12 14:26:07 EST 2003

Hello!

I have a running Cyrus 2.1.12, Postfix 2.0.5 and cyrus-sasl.2.1.12.
I set up php-webcyradm with database mail. postfix delivers mail to
cyrus without a problem. I cannot get the mail with squirrelmail or
sylpheed.

eta:/var/log # sasldblistusers2
cyrus at eta: userPassword
karl at eta: userPassword
cyrus at eta: cmusaslsecretOTP
karl at eta: cmusaslsecretOTP

eta:/var/log # telnet localhost 143
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK localhost Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.12 server ready
. login cyrus cyruspass
. OK User logged in
. logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed
Connection closed by foreign host.

eta:/var/log # telnet localhost 143
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK localhost Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.12 server ready
. login karl karlpass
. NO Login failed: authentication failure
. logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed
Connection closed by foreign host.

The according log:

eta saslauthd[983]: pam_sm_authenticate called.
eta saslauthd[983]: dbuser changed.
eta saslauthd[983]: dbpasswd changed.
eta saslauthd[983]: host changed.
eta saslauthd[983]: database changed.
eta saslauthd[983]: table changed.
eta saslauthd[983]: usercolumn changed.
eta saslauthd[983]: passwdcolumn changed.
eta saslauthd[983]: crypt changed.
eta saslauthd[983]: db_connect  called.
eta saslauthd[983]: returning 0 .
eta saslauthd[983]: db_checkpasswd called.
eta saslauthd[983]: pam_mysql: where clause =
eta saslauthd[983]: SELECT password FROM accountuser WHERE username='cyrus'
eta saslauthd[983]: sqlLog called.
eta saslauthd[983]: pam_mysql: error: sqllog set but logtable not set
eta saslauthd[983]: pam_mysql: error: sqllog set but logmsgcolumn not set
eta saslauthd[983]: pam_mysql: error: sqllog set but logusercolumn not set
eta saslauthd[983]: pam_mysql: error: sqllog set but loghostcolumn not set
eta saslauthd[983]: pam_mysql: error: sqllog set but logtimecolumn not set
eta saslauthd[983]: returning 0 .
eta saslauthd[983]: returning 0.
eta saslauthd[982]: pam_sm_authenticate called.
eta saslauthd[982]: dbuser changed.
eta saslauthd[982]: dbpasswd changed.
eta saslauthd[982]: host changed.
eta saslauthd[982]: database changed.
eta saslauthd[982]: table changed.
eta saslauthd[982]: usercolumn changed.
eta saslauthd[982]: passwdcolumn changed.
eta saslauthd[982]: crypt changed.
eta saslauthd[982]: db_connect  called.
eta saslauthd[982]: returning 0 .
eta saslauthd[982]: db_checkpasswd called.
eta saslauthd[982]: pam_mysql: where clause =
eta saslauthd[982]: SELECT password FROM accountuser WHERE username='karl'
eta saslauthd[982]: pam_mysql: select returned more than one result
eta saslauthd[982]: returning 7 after db_checkpasswd.
eta saslauthd[982]: AUTHFAIL: user=karl service=imap realm= [PAM auth error]

I made so many tests and roundabouts, I do not longer understand what
is going on. The users cyrus and karl exist in sasldb2 and also in the
database mail (MySQL) with clearpassword.

eta:/var/log # saslpasswd2 -c andreas
Password:
Again (for verification):
eta:/var/log # telnet localhost 143
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK localhost Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.12 server ready
. login cyrus cyruspass
. OK User logged in
. login andreas andreaspass # same as the cyruspass
. BAD Already logged in
. logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed
Connection closed by foreign host.

Why is andreas already logged in? due to the same passwd like cyrus?

Any help appreciated. Completly clueless.

--

  Andreas Meyer

Object Class   Common Name   userPassword
posixAccount   andreas       {SSHA}hpyqObx1/BXbKFgXoqCayoGsvIgPYiVc