Pausing Cyrus for Snapshots?

Jared Watkins jwatkins at snowcrash.homeip.net
Thu Mar 13 15:01:10 EST 2003

I've not been able to find the answer to this in the docs or mailing
list...   I'd like to use the snapshot feature of the linux volume
manager to take block level snaps of the cyrus databases and mailstore
at regular intervals.  To ensure consistency of the databases I assume
you need to shut down cyrus...  but I was looking for a way to do this
without disconnecting imap and pop clients... a way to suspend
operations.. flush the databases and sync the disks before taking a snap.

Thanks,
Jared