Cyrus imap db3 db4

Mike Lohmann mike at werk01.de
Tue Mar 18 08:03:44 EST 2003

Hi,

I am using Berkeley DB - 4.0.14 (as it was recommended for Cyrus-imapd -
2.0.12)

The compilation and installation of cyrus-sasl and berkeley works without
problems, but whenever I try to compile (make all CFLAGS=-O) cyrus-imapd,
I've got the following problem:

cannot find libdb3.so.

I know, that this problems is because of a not installed 3.x version of
berkeley db. When I install this db3 -version (libdb3 - debian package) the
compilation works fine.

My question is:

Is it possible to use the db4 libs instead of the db3 ones for the configure
parameters --with-duplicate-db, --with-mboxlist-db?

When I use the db3 libs for the configure parameters: Will I run in trouble
when I am using the cyrus server?

All examples and howtos (HowTo install cyrus imap) don't tell anything about
that problem.

Can someone help please?

Thanks.

Mike