Geographically Redundant mail stores

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Mar 18 22:12:59 EST 2003

"John C. Amodeo" wrote:

> Rob,
>
>  >Admin users can authorize as any user they want.
>
> I've heard this can be done...but how exactly?  Does it have something
> to do with the 'proxy user' setting or something?  What if sasl is
> patched for LDAP and does not authenticate locally against the sasldb?

When you authenticate, you need to use a SASL mech which supports
proxying.  Look at doc/mechanisms.html in the SASL distro for a complete
list.  In your case, you should be able to use at least PLAIN (you can
use others if using OpenLDAP 2.2's auxprop plugin).  Here's how you'd
authenticate as 'cyrus' and login as 'test' using imtest and cyradm:

imtest -a cyrus -u test -m plain localhost

cyradm --user cyrus --authz test --auth plain localhost

(cyradm uses some unfortunate/confusing names for the options)
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127