sendmail 8.12.8 + procmail 3.22 + cyrus 2.1.12

Scott McDaniel mcdansg at nofone.org
Thu Mar 20 19:48:27 EST 2003

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am in the process of replacing a solaris 6 imap server to solaris 8.
I am trying to use the following software; however, I am still unable to
get incoming messages into the users' inbox.  Any assistance you can
provide in helping me configure sendmail to send messages to procmail
and then get procmail to "deliver" to the cyrus box would be greatly
appreciated.

Current software:
Solaris 8
Sendmail 8.12.8
Cyrus 2.1.12
Procmail 3.22

What I think I ultimately want to do is remove all the cyrus references
in my sendmail.mc file and use procmail as the local delivery agent.
Unfortunately, I've been unable to come up with the magical sendmail.mc
file to make this work.

If you could provide me examples of sendmail.mc files and/or
/etc/procmailrc recipes, that would be best.

A copy of the sendmail.mc file I am attempting to use is:

divert(-1)
#
# Copyright (c) 1983 Eric P. Allman
# Copyright (c) 1988, 1993
#
divert(0)dnl

VERSIONID(`installer 8.12.8 version 2003030401')dnl
OSTYPE(solaris2)dnl
FEATURE(smrsh,/etc/local/smrsh)dnl
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS', wA5@|)
define(`LOCAL_SHELL_DIR', /usr/bin:/etc/local:)
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH', /etc/local/procmail)
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_ARGS', procmail -p /etc/procmailrc CYUSER=$u CYHOST=$h)
define(`CYRUS_BB_MAILER_ARGS', procmail -p /etc/procmailrc CYUSER=$u
CYHOST=_bb_)
define(`SMART_HOST',mailhost.eng.auburn.edu)
define(`SMTP_MAILER_FLAGS', k)
define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrus')
define(`confUSERDB_SPEC', /etc/mail/userdb.db)
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME',installer.Eng.Auburn.EDU)
define(`confFORWARD_PATH',/opt/info/forward/$u/.forward)
define(`confDONT_BLAME_SENDMAIL',`ForwardFileInUnsafeDirPath,ForwardFileInUnsafeDirPathSafe')
define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION', add-apparently-to)
define(`confMAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN',30)
define(`confDONT_INIT_GROUPS',True)

FEATURE(`nouucp',`reject')
FEATURE(relay_entire_domain)
FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)
FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access')
FEATURE(accept_unqualified_senders)
FEATURE(dnsbl,`au-eng.mail-abuse.org',`550 RBL Block: Mail from
${client_addr} rejected; see
http://mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/lookup?${client_addr}')

MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl