Embedding username in Cyrusbb submit addy

Scott Balmos sbalmos at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 21 10:11:47 EST 2003

Hi all,

Recently I began testing a shared folders setup for a small organization (~
300 users). Normally I know that everyone around here says that shared
folders need "anyone +p" ACL rights for submission.

What I did was slightly modify my Postfix transport line for shared  folders
submission, to include the -a switch to deliver. The argv portion now reads
as below:

argv=/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -e -m ${extension} -a ${user}

Thus, one can then send shared folder posts for big.discussion to
jdoe+big.discusssion at example.org and have Cyrus ACL-match against username
jdoe to see whether or not they have posting rights there.

I have yet to do mass testing with the general userbase to gauge whether or
not they mind having their usernames in the email addresses themselves (and
therefore showing up in the To & Cc headers). I'm sure it was probably
mentioned here before. But if not, here it is. :)

Thoughts, flames, anything?

--
Scott Balmos