Nonjunk flag

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Sat Mar 22 03:22:21 EST 2003

-- corner at chello.at is rumored to have mumbled on Samstag, 22. März 2003
8:50 Uhr +0100 regarding Nonjunk flag:

> I am frequently now getting a message from xfmail saying: "IMAP - Unknown
> Flag - NonJunk".  The xfmail people say it must be a message coming from
> the cyrus imap server. Has anybody heard about this?

Is it possible that you have used Apple's Mail.app? Maybe there are other
clients that do that, but I know for certain that Mail.app sets custom
permanent flags on mailboxes:

On UW-imapd I see:

. select INBOX
* FLAGS ($MDNSent Junk NotJunk $Forwarded $Label7 JunkRecorded
CHARSET=UTF-8 \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS ($MDNSent Junk NotJunk $Forwarded $Label7 JunkRecorded
CHARSET=UTF-8 \* \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)] Permanent flags

On Cyrus it looks like this:

. select INBOX
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen NotJunk Junk JunkRecorded)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen NotJunk Junk
JunkRecorded \*)]

So I would guess that xfmail doesn't handle custom flags ... but I don't
know for certain.

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service