cyrus acls problem on inboxes

Scott McDaniel mcdansg at nofone.org
Sat Mar 22 11:23:45 EST 2003

Dear Dir or Madam,

I am trying to get cyrus-imapd-2.1.12 running on a new Solaris box and
havin some problems with acls.  In short, I want to restrict end users
from adding additional folders under their "INBOX".  Regardless of the
acls I set, end users still can create the folders.  It's like acls are
NOT being considered for the top level directory.  Any insite you might be
able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

On my old Solaris 6 box with cyrus-imapd-1.5.19, I had the following
configuration:

/etc/imapd.conf
configdirectory: /etc/local/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
partition-folders: /var/spool/folders/cyrus
partition-shared: /var/spool/folders/shared
admins: cyrus jclark
srvtab: /etc/local/imap/srvtab
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
#sasl_pwcheck_method: pwcheck
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
allowplaintext: yes

So, then we have acls for /var/spool/imap set so that the end users can
not create a new folder.  The idea is that their inbox has no quota but
"folders" (/var/spool/folders) do and we don't want the end users making
new folders under the inbox (/var/spool/imap) to circumvent the quotas on
folders.

I'm not exactly sure what information you need, so, I guess we will start
here and see what happens.

Sincerely,
Scott McDaniel
System Administrator