delivering to bb folders

Ben Poliakoff benp at reed.edu
Tue Mar 25 14:24:52 EST 2003

* Rob Siemborski <rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu> [030324 06:50]:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 mail at penguindia.com wrote:
>
> > for eg. with cyradm,
> > localhost> sam folder1 anyone lrs
> > localhost> sam folder1 user1 lrswip
> >
> > where folder1 is a mailbox used as a bulletin board and user1
> > is a special user with post permission to the folder.
> >
> > Mail sent by user1 to folder1 bounces with a "permission denied"
> > error.
> >
> > Is there any way to achieve this?
>
> You need to be sure that your users are using SMTP auth and your MTA is
> passing this authorization information on to LMTP.

I'm doing SMTP auth with Sendmail 8.12.8, but apparently Sendmail in my
configuration is not "passing this authorization information on to
LMTP".  My sendmail configuration is based on the cyrusv2.mc that comes
with cyrus-imap.

I know it's vaguely off topic, but it's certainly related to cyrus-imap;
can anyone point to some sendmail config tips that make it pass this
info to LMTP?

Is this passing of "authid" supposed to happen by default with SMTP auth
enabled?

Ben

Ben Poliakoff                                       email: <benp at reed.edu>
Reed College                                          tel:  (503)-788-6674
Unix System Administrator      PGP key: http://www.reed.edu/~benp/key.html