delivering to bb folders

Nikos Voutsinas nvoutsin at noc.uoa.gr
Thu Mar 27 11:11:31 EST 2003

Lawrence Greenfield wrote:
> Nikos,
>
> Sorry, I don't understand your post. Was it a request for some change?
> Additional documentation?
>
> confused,
> Larry

I would never ask for additional documentation (this is not because, I
like reading source code)

Anyway, starting from, some MTAs (MSAs actually), capability of passing
the authentication id of the sender, we might have to reconsider the
retrieval of groupmembership and how, cyrus-administrators can benefit
from cyrus-ACLs. In contradiction with some recent posts to the list I
think that groupmembership could be a very useful way, to control user's
permissions on shared folders or BBs, especially when we have a large
user database, coming from different schools, departments, faculties,
etc....  So we might have to focus our tries, in order to implement a
nice groupmembership process(?)/backend(?)/procedure(?) whatever.....

PS: gorupmembership will always be "overhead", but this is also true for
any new line in source code.
PS: Larry you are right and I was wrong. The "anyone p" has been removed
from cyrus-doc, I wasn't synchronized with the newer versions

Nikos.