delivering to bb folders

Amos Gouaux +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Wed Mar 26 17:32:15 EST 2003

nv> Lawrence Greenfield wrote:
>> You might have to add -D_FFR_AUTH_PASSING=1 to your site.config.m4,

nv> You realise that this feature of sendmail (was already available in
nv> early releases of 8.12) combined with an MSA server and cyrus ACLs
nv> can really boost cyrus functionality. (The "anyone p", mentioned in
nv> cyrus documentation, has been always inaccurate, underestimating
nv> cyrus capabilities).

Alas, not all MTAs are capable of passing SMTP-AUTH onto the LMTP
session, Postfix being at least one that I know of.  In fact, I am
skeptical that this -AUTH communication will ever be incorporated
into Postfix without some sort of RFC to back it up.  (Unless I'm
mistaken, this continuity of -AUTH credentials isn't covered too
well, but please correct me if I'm wrong.)

--
Amos