delivering to bb folders

Amos Gouaux +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Thu Mar 27 08:42:35 EST 2003

>> I think section 5 of RFC 2554 covers it fairly well.

hdmh> It does.  Amos, would you kindly post this little bit on the postfix list,

Indeed.

hdmh> please?  I dare not :)

Stinker.  ;-)

hdmh> Propagating auth info in postfix requires internal changes to the queue
hdmh> format, though, so it will take its sweet time...

Yeah, and as I recall from previous discourse, Wietse seemed to be
fundamentally displeased by the notion of passing auth credentials
through a chain of possibly unknown SMTP servers.  I think the part
he was picking up on is: "If the server trusts the authenticated
identity of the client...."   Well, how is this trust established?

I can see his concern when going from a remote SMTP server to
another possibly remote SMTP server.  Though, if you accept it at
the SMTP server, surely it should still be valid for LMTP, the
final end point, right?

I don't know.  I'll think about it while running some errands today.

--
Amos