Upgrading from db-3.2 to db-4.1 ?

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Mon Mar 24 20:14:05 EST 2003

Hi,

I want to upgrade my cyrus installation to a new berkeley db version.
Currently I am running db-3.2. All other services like sendmail with
sasl are allready running with db-4.1.25. I am running the 2.2 version
from cvs and now need to know how I have to convert the different
mailboxes after installing the new binaries. The currently running
version is configured with the 2.2 defaults for all database backends.

checking for db.h... yes
checking for db_create in -ldb-4.1... no <<< this will change to yes
checking for db_create in -ldb4.1... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-4.0... no
checking for db_create in -ldb4.0... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-4... no
checking for db_create in -ldb4... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3.3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3.3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3.2... yes <<< this will change to no

Do any of the following change because of the new db-4.1 version ? I did
not specify them on the configure commandline so that are the defaults
for db-4.1 also ?

checking "duplicate db" database backend... berkeley_nosync
checking "mboxlist" database backend... skiplist
checking "seen state" database backend... skiplist
checking "pts" database backend... berkeley
checking "subscription" database backend... flat
checking "TLS cache" database backend... berkeley_nosync
checking "netnews db" database backend... berkeley

Is there anything I have to do before starting the new cyrus master binary ?

--Christian--