Cyrus debugging

Oliver Pitzeier o.pitzeier at uptime.at
Wed Mar 26 08:36:07 EST 2003

Hi!

The problem I'm currently working on shows me, that there is not a very good
error catching in Cyrus IMAP.
It also shows me, that there are too few debug possibilities.

Look at this:
[oliver at mail-csb imap]$ grep -i debug imap*
imapd.c:    syslog(LOG_DEBUG, "open: user %s opened %s", imapd_userid, name);

Only ONE(!) line???

[oliver at mail-csb lib]$ grep -i debug *|wc -l
     26

I believe there are too few lines with "syslog(LOG_DEBUG, "bla");"

What about a configure-option --extreme-debugging or --devel-debug. Then we/you
could add more statements like:

#ifdef EXTREME_DEBUG
  syslog(LOG_DEBUG, "I'm a crazy debug guy. :-)");
#endif

Or is there nobody who can do that?

Best regards,
 Oliver