lmtp read error

Morgan Sackett msackett at suckafoo.net
Wed Mar 26 13:37:10 EST 2003

You are correct about the MX records, though mail addressed directly to
the machine gets delivered correctly.  As far as I have read, LMTP does
not require or use MX records.  The socket method gives me a "connection
refused" error.

lmtpd is running.  Here is the appropriate sections of my cyrus.conf file:

  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1
  #  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtp          cmd="lmtpd" listen="63.105.30.19:lmtp" prefork=1