lmtp read error

Mitrana Cristian cmitrana at xnet.ro
Thu Mar 27 06:08:11 EST 2003

* Morgan Sackett <msackett at suckafoo.net> [27-03-03 00:39]:

> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote
>
>      >  Indeed. That's my setup exactly. However, I just run lmtpd -a,
> bound to a
>      >  private network where only the LMTP servers and the SMTP
> servers are
>      >  connected to. Thus, no authorization worries, and no SASL
> overhead.
>
> Here is the error that I get using sockets:
>
> Mar 26 18:21:08 kang postfix/lmtp[12575]: 26CD51FE9DE:
> to=<root at suckafoo.net>, r
> elay=none, delay=141474, status=deferred (connect to
> /var/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/
> imap/socket/lmtp]: Connection refused)
>
> I'll give the -a  switch a try.

 Maybe postfix cannot write to the socket (/var/imap/socket/lmtp),
can you make sure the socket is writable by postfix user or the group
postfix is running under ?
 Make sure no firewall rules are in place that can prevent you from
connecting telnet-ing to the lmtp port. If you run lmtpd over localhost
can you connect to localhost:lmtp ? What's netstat saying about
listening ports ?

mitu