Problem with cyradm crashing

Marco Colombo marco at esi.it
Fri Mar 28 12:14:46 EST 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, John Alton Tamplin wrote:

> Marco Colombo wrote:
>
> >2) the old cyradm binary, from a 2.0.16 installation, never crashes.
> >(that made me turn to the client side instead of the server side)
> >The old binaries were compiled vs. SASL v.1.5.26 (shared), which has
> >been recently upgraded to 1.5.28.
> >

> Cyrus 2.x requires SASL 2.x -- if you are running it with SASL 1 perhaps
> that is your problem.  See install-prereq.html in the documentation.

Ehm. The *old* binary, running on a completely different system, RHL62,
*never* crashes. The working cyramd is the old one, v.2.0.16, compiled
with SASL 1.5.26, now running with 1.5.28. What I do is just type
the password and then 'lm'.

I've setup 2 test systems (reading install-prereq.html, yes), RHL7.3
and RHL8.0, with SASL 2.1.12 and imapd 2.1.12.
On both the new test systems, cyradm crashes as described in my previous
message.

.TM.
--
     /      /       /			Marco Colombo