interesting limitation

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Sat Mar 29 14:53:33 EST 2003

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Jure Pecar wrote:
> This is clearly a limitation of the filesystem. How does other filesystems
> handle this?

I have a XFS dir with more than 40k objects, and it still performs okay...
but I had some not-so-nice words with the people involved and told them to
learn about hash directories, and to fix that :)

> The solution here is full dir hash. But, the next limit is at 26*32k users.

Should be enough users for a single spool, don't ya think?  Cyrus Murder
might fix your problem, though, if you don't mind multiple imapd instances
(in multiple boxes if at all possible).

  Henrique Holschuh