cyrus-imapd + pam_ldap = ACL?

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 14:43:16 EDT 2003

--- Andrew Morgan <momorganrorstdeduwrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Gary C. New wrote:
>
> > I'veveeen using cycyrusmimapd.0.16 with
papamdldap> for
> > several months now.  I am currently trying to
> tighten
> > down my opopenldapirectory and have run into a
> little
> > snag trying to write an appropriate ACACLor this
> > setup.
> >
> > Cyrus-imimapdses papamdldapo query the ldldap>
directory
> > anonymously and I cannot seem to find a way to
> require
> > either of them to use a defined process account.
> My
> > goal is to disallow anonymous access within my
> > opopenldapCACLs
> >
> > Does anyone have a similar setup or might be able
> > suggest an alternative method for locking
> anonymous
> > access down?
> >
> > Thank you for your assistance.
> >
> > Respectfully,
> >

> > Gary
>
> Have you looked at the following options in your
> papamdldapoconfile?
>
> # The distinguished name to bind to the server with.
> # Optional: default is to bind anonymously.
> bibinddniuidlah,dcdcahoo,dcdcom
>
> # The credentials to bind with.
> # Optional: default is no credential.
> bibindpwecret
>

> 	Andy

Andy,

Thank you for your response.  Ever since compiling
papamdldaprom source I haven't been able to find the
configuration file papamdldapoconf

Have they renamed the coconfigile in the most recent
releases of papamdldap A search of my entire system
reveals only the papamdldapo library installed.