wishlist for 2.2 final

Patrick Welche prlw1 at newn.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 15:21:05 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 02:59:00PM -0400, Rob Siemborski wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2003, Patrick Welche wrote:
>
> > If we're doing wishlists, 2 things (perhaps trivial) fell by the wayside:
> > - lib/imclient.c:578 int class = 2;
> >   Why not 0? If 2, then remove charclass[] checks. (I'm running with 0)
>
> Huh?  This means you are sending everything as a literal.  The charclass
> checks are there to use the simplest format possible for transmitting a
> string.

Sorry! You're right - I got it completely back to front - 0 is a literal
2 is an atom, not the other way around.. and I had even changed
imclient_writeastring to

    if (len == 0) return 0;
    if (len >= 1024) class = 0;
    switch (class) {
        case 2: /* Atom */
            imclient_write(imclient, str, len);
            break;
        case 1: /* Quoted-string */
            imclient_write(imclient, "\"", 1);
            imclient_write(imclient, str, len);
            imclient_write(imclient, "\"", 1);
            break;
        case 0: /* Literal */

to make it more obvious..

How about the second point about perl and shared libraries?

Cheers,

Patrick