Net::IMAP

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Mon Jun 2 09:57:31 EDT 2003

You never connect to a file, such as /usr/cyrus/bin/imapd.  You need to
connect to a host:port combination.  As for Net::IMAP, I tried this
module and it have a lot of bugs (malformed POD giving compilation
error and a few other) which made it unusable for me.  This module have
not been updated since 1999 so I think it is pretty much stale.

Depending on what you need to do, CPAN should be able to provide you
with another module.  I use IMAP::Admin from CPAN (which is NOT the same
as the module shipped with Cyrus) and it work for me (setting ACL and
quota, creating/deleting/renaming mailbox, etc).  I made quite a few
mods in this module which I will send to the maintainer so you can
expect a new version of this modules in the coming months.

Regards,

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com