Cyrus 2.1.13 and single store?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Jun 2 08:26:14 EDT 2003

Bernd Nies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're running Cyrus 2.1.13 IMAP Server on Solaris 8. On Google I found a
> message from 1999 that there is a single store patch for IMAP 1.5.19:
>
> http://groups.google.ch/groups?q=cyrus+%22single+store%22&hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=7d5naf%24rfb%241%40shell.fore.com&rnum=1
>

> Is this patch already part of Cyrus 2.1.13?

Yes, and its enabled by default.

> On our mail server when I deliver a message from Postfix using LMTP to
> Cyrus for n recipients it gets stored n times and not just once and n-1
> hard links. Is this not yet possible or is my configuration wrong?

Its only possible for recipients that are on the same Cyrus partition.
If you have a message sent to n recipients on p partitions then you
should only have p copies of the message and n-p hardlinks (to one of
the p copies).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127