Cyrus 2.1.13 and single store?

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Tue Jun 3 14:54:54 EDT 2003

Bernd Nies <bernd.nies at adnovum.ch> writes:

> Ken Murchison wrote:
>> I'd have to see the LMTP conversation between Postfix and Cyrus, but
>> my guess would be that Postfix isn't sending the message to all of
>> the recipients in one connection to Cyrus (with multiple RCPT TO).
>> If Cyrus gets thems in separate connections, then it has no way of
>> doing the links.
>
> Unfortunately I can't sniff on a Unix socket or at least don't know
> how to do it with snoop or ethereal. All I can give you is the Postfix
> configuration:
>
> mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/cyrus/socket/lmtp

This is it.  The postfix local transport always breaks up multiple
recipient messages into single messages for delivery.  If you want to
use single message store, you can't use the local transport for your
main delivery.  mailbox_transport is part of the local transport.

You'll need to change the local transport like this:

local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/sockets/lmtp
lmtp_destination_recipient_limit=100

Note that if you're not using the postfix local transport, you won't
be able to directly use alias files or any other postfix feature that
the local transport provides.  You can still do aliases using the
virtual aliases system.  If you really need local transport features,
you can use the virtual alias system to forward mail to a subdomain
that uses the transport table to be directed to the real local
transport.

If you have any other questions about this sort of setup, let me
know.  I've got it working here, and it's great.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen            ted at impulse.net
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2         secabeen at pobox.com