Cyrus 2.1.13 and single store?

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Wed Jun 4 12:40:20 EDT 2003

Simon Matter <simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com> writes:

> Ted Cabeen schrieb:
>>
>> Bernd Nies <bernd.nies at adnovum.ch> writes:

>> > Unfortunately I can't sniff on a Unix socket or at least don't know
>> > how to do it with snoop or ethereal. All I can give you is the Postfix
>> > configuration:
>> >
>> > mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/cyrus/socket/lmtp
>>
>> This is it.  The postfix local transport always breaks up multiple
>
> Looks like this has changed with postfix 2.x. According to the file
> .../README_FILES/LMTP_README, you can do something like
>
> mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
> local_destination_recipient_limit = 300
>
> and it should work. Can anybody confirm this?

I don't think that will work.  See the note in that file just a few
lines down:

    Not all local delivery agent transports can support a recipient
    limit greater than 1.  Be sure to check the man page of the
    specific transport before attempting this with anything but the
    Postfix LMTP client.

Also, recent comments on the postfix list imply that even if local
supports multiple recipients, you'll see a significant performance hit
over using the lmtp transport directly.

--
Ted Cabeen
Systems/Network Administrator