good database type choices

Patrick Welche prlw1 at newn.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 07:47:36 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 02:16:14PM -0600, Carl P. Corliss wrote:
> So I think I figured out the problem.
>
> What was happening was that db4 was having issues (don't know what in
> particular) but it was causing lmtp to hang because lmtp was waiting for the
> duplicate delivery check to complete and it never did because of whatever
> issues db4 was having. So I switched the db type for deliver.db to skiplist
> and now all seems to be working well...

                          Default          Recommended?
  --with-duplicate-db=DB  db3_nosync       skiplist
  --with-mboxlist-db=DB   db3              skiplist
  --with-seen-db=DB       flat             skiplist
  --with-subs-db=DB       flat
  --with-tls-db=DB        db3_nosync

Going through past emails, it seems now that skiplist is recommended
essentially for everything. Is that plausible? Comments?

Cheers,

Patrick