Authentication puzzle.

Noah Silverman noah at allresearch.com
Tue Jun 3 14:10:10 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have an unusual problem that I need some help with.

We installed Cyrus about a year ago and set up an initial batch of
mailboxes and users using the sasldb for our authentication.

Recently, I have needed to add a few new users to the system.  I have
successfully used cyradm to create the new mailboxes. I subsequently used
saslpass2 to create passwords for them:

For some reason the new users can't connect to the system.  They do appear
in the list when I do a sasldblistusers2 and they do have mailboxes.

We are using the "auxprop" method of authentication.

Does anyone have a clue what I might be doing wrong???

-Noah