RH 9.0 ssl compiler error

Jon Nelson quincy at linuxnotes.net
Fri Jun 6 13:22:45 EDT 2003

Richard Houston said:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to compile Cyrus 2.1.13 on RH 9.0 but it keeps crapping out

I had the same problem recently.  Let me know if "--without-krb" works,
but I don't think it does.  A friend of mine wrote this perl script to fix
it:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# FIXIT: for use in cyrus-imapd until they catch up to Redhat's recent
#        location for kerberos include files

use strict;

# these are the subdirectories with Makefiles which need modification
my @dirs = qw( acap lib imap imtest perl/sieve/lib timsieved );

foreach (@dirs) {
  my $file = "$_/Makefile";

  open F, "$file";     # read all lines from the Makefile
  my @lines = <F>;
  close F;

  open F, ">$file";    # rewrite the Makefile
  foreach (@lines) {
    chomp;    # strip off newline
                     # append "-I/usr/kerberos/include" to the CPPFLAGS line
                     #   if it's not already there
    $_ .= " -I/usr/kerberos/include" if /^CPPFLAGS/ && ! /kerberos/;

    print F "$_\n";    # write the line to the file
  }
  close F;
}

--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin.
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation
jonelson at state.pa.us