Linking imapd with db-4.1.25

Lars Peterson lars at itech-mke.com
Fri Jun 6 14:46:43 EDT 2003

Hello,

I've built and installed db-4.1.25 in a non-standard location on my RedHat 9.0
machine and am having trouble getting cyrus-imapd-2.1.13 to against it. It
appears that the configure script does not detect it properly, even if I invoke
the configure script with the

--with-bdb-libdir=<my non-standard db-4.1.25 location>

and

--with-bdb-incdir=<my non standard db-4.1.25 location>

options set.

Snippet from configure's output:
<===
checking for db.h... yes
checking for db_create in -ldb-4.1... no
checking for db_create in -ldb4.1... no
checking for db_create in -ldb41... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-4.0... yes
===>

When I do an ldd on the resultant imapd binary after the build finishes, I see
that it been linked to the bdb libraries that came with the RedHat install
(4.0.14-20).

I've played around with LDFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variables to try and force the directories of my non-standard libraries and
headers to be loaded first, but that didn't change a thing.

I'm reluctant to remove the RedHat db4 installation because I quite certain that
it would break a large amount of dependencies...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lars Peterson
iTech Inc.