Linking imapd with db-4.1.25

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Fri Jun 6 15:45:30 EDT 2003

Lars Peterson wrote:

>Yes libdb-4.1.so is in the same directory I passed to configure for bdb-libdir.
>Permissions are same user I'm building as, and mode is 775.
>
>I was able to link against these libraries successfully for an openldap-2.1.19
>build.

Then I suggest looking at the log generated by configure and see why it
didn't think it passed the test.

>I'll take this into consideration. I've had no problems thus far with db-4.1.25
>with respect to openldap / slapd...

Right, I haven't had any problems in any other application either.  I
don't know if that is because they don't get as heavy usage or if the
usage pattern is different or what.

>What kind of problems were you seeing on your Solaris box?

After a week or two of uptime, I would get ENOSPC returns from dbopen,
and sieve would stop working (since my duplicate delivery database is
using db3_nosync).  Other people reported similar problems with
4.1.24-25 in this list without any resolution, until someone suggested
to me that going back to db 4.0.14 would fix the problem.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931