SQUAT: Unknown error 1 (Closing index)

Dylan Martin dmartin at seattlecentral.org
Tue Jun 10 20:12:42 EDT 2003

Unfortunately, I don't have any more time to work on this, so I'm going to
have to give up and stop using squat until it's fixed by someone else.

It looks like something is making a SquatWordTable, but then not filling
it in.  Inside the write_trie_word_data function, it checks to see
if t->first_valid_entry >= VECTOR_SIZE(offsets), and this is what actually
makes it fail.  I don't understand the code well enough to figure out
where it might be forgetting to set t->first_valid_entry to something
other than 256.  Im assuming that (t->first_valid_entry >=
VECTOR_SIZE(offsets)) should never be true, and the fact that it is
indicates a bug in squatter.  I could easily be wrong.

Hope this is some help to someone...
-Dylan