Webmail application that doesn't abuse the IMAP server?

Ted Fines fines at Macalester.edu
Wed Jun 11 08:09:39 EDT 2003

> I'm not sure how the httpd processes are being tied up, but "tied up"
> imapds that are otherwise idle don't cost you anything except some swap
> and a process table entry.  They're basicly free.

Unless the imap connection has a mailbox open.  That ties up a potentially
very large memory resource (depending on the size of the mailbox) on the
server.

I have to say I don't know for certain whether that's true for the cyrus
imapd, but for other imapds I've used, that has been the case.  Someone
know for sure?

Ted Fines

--On Wednesday, June 11, 2003 2:03 AM -0400 Rob Siemborski