Restricting IMAP (143) port just for Squirrelmail?

Mark London mrl at PSFC.MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 11 13:16:03 EDT 2003

I would like to restrict Cyrus to only allow users to use IMAPS, not plain
IMAP.  However, I was told that would break Squirrelmail, unless I opened
access to IMAP (port 143) for the node that Squirrelmail was running on.
But I'm running XINETD on Redhat, and I've read Cyrus doesn't use that.
I would need another TCP wrapper program (and not sure if even if I installed
it, whether it's compatible with Xinetd).  Is that true, or is there an easier
way to do it?  Another thought I had was to simply have IMAP running on a
non-standard port number, and have configure Squirrelmail use that port
(is that possible?).  Thanks.  -  Mark